Now that I’ve completed Hardy’s ‘The Return of the Native’ I don’t know what I’d been so worried about. I admit that I had to read the first few pages aloud to keep my mind from wandering but after a while I wasn’t able to read fast enough and had to switch to reading silently. I’m still working on the review. Since I completed it I haven’t been able to stop talking about the book. In fact, I even re-told the story to one of my colleagues at work who was patient enough to listen to me talk about the fantastic book I’d just completed.
Apart from letting it be known that I enjoyed reading The Return of the Native very much I also wanted to thank Literary Relish for awarding me the ‘Liebster Blog’ award. I’m a little late in thanking Tiny Toes for ‘The Versatile Blogger’ award now, but I was and still am very grateful for awards like these. They’re just the encouragement I need to spend more time blogging.
These are the rules that every nominee (The Versatile Blogger) must comply with:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4.Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
7 Things about Me
1. When I go swimming I don’t do laps in the conventional style. I like to pretend that I’m a mermaid or a deep sea diver exploring under water. Laps are boring.
2. I don’t like talking about myself. I prefer to be thought of as being mysterious. Also I worry that I may be boring.
3. I try very hard to make my life as exciting and eventful as possible so that I might have many fun and interesting stories to tell my grandchildren.
4. If people ask, I love advising them on how to do their hair and clothes better.
5. Notebooks, pens, pencils, colours, scissors, papers, markers -I love them all! Oh the things a person can make and do with these treasures!
6. I’ve always liked being neat and organized. So of course that means that my favourite past time includes making lists and elaborate plans for things that I want to happen.
7. When it comes to kitchen stuff I only enjoy doing the dishes (a task that requires little concentration and I get time to my own thoughts) and concocting desserts.
Here are the blogs that I’ve nominated:
5. Elisa Nuckle
12. everyday epistle
14. All Write
(The last four are blogs I’ve been following for sometime now. But I really like them so I’ve included them anyway.)